Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dear Freddies Staff,

Dear Freddies Staff,

First off I wanted to say thanks for the lovely visit to your store earlier today. I quickly found the Christas tree lights that I was looking for and what a treat to see that they were nearly 50% off. The disposable nursing pads and baby food are sure to come in handy as well. Hooray for one-stop-shopping. You're the best!

Um, so, wanted to also say sorry for the baby pajamas that I put back in the yarn aisle....and the rubber tow truck next to the kitchen towels....and the watercolor paint set stuck on top of the round of infant clothes. Oh, and those kissy print tissues? Yeah, I don't even know how those got in the cart but I set them down somewhere near the cat food aisle.

I know, I know, it must be exasperating to find these things all over the store. Did you see that blonde toddler in my cart? You know the one I kept commanding to sit down? Yeah, that guy. Anyway, he has a case of the grabsies. He sees his mama tossing items in the cart and can't comprehed why he can't do the exact same thing. I try to limit items within his grasp I truly do.

Okay, but how cute was it in the Christmas aisle when he saw that train stocking holder, declared "choo, choo!" tossed it in the cart? Remember how he spazzed out when he saw me put it back? I know he has to learn to deal but really sometimes it's easier to avoid that tantrum and just stick the item back when he isn't looking....though it may be 5 aisles away. You may have noted that he didn't even notice that I got rid of any of those items. Which is pause for thought...did he even wonder where they went?

So again, thanks Fred Meyer staff for all the restocking that you had to do in our wake. Max and I had a great time at your fine store. We'll work on the grabsies....promise!

Yours Truly,
Stacey Linke

2 comments:

Patti said...

Hysterical...and I can so relate. Sully has even grabbed maxi pads and put them into our cart. And either he or Keaton once shoplifted a princess-y note pad. Didn't notice til I got home. Oh, and Safeway? those little cars built into the carts? Great idea EXCEPT that they are floor level...and when you get to the checkout stand your toddler will most likely grab the candy bars, conveniently located at eye-level when they are in those little cars, and you will find them having consumed HALF A ROLL OF ROLOS when you go to put them into your car. So, not only have they shoplifted, they have consumed three cups of sugar by 9 am. Fun stuff! AND, Keats, at probably close to age 3, came home from a trip to the hardware store with Daddy...with a HUGE bolt in his pocket. Like, big enough to attach a car to the side of a building. HUGE. Tee hee.

Patti said...

So, my point is that putting things into the cart is like a gateway drug to shoplifting. Lol.