Sweet, sweet Mya is still giving us a run for our money with her bedtime routine. She jumps out of her crib in a single bound so that option was ruled out weeks ago. We ruled out a tent crib and she quickly refused the crib converted to a toddler bed and the twin mattress on the floor next to it. Most of the time she spent halfway on one or the other, then moved to sleeping on her rug, then moved to the most pathetic of all....sleeping on the hardwood floor in her doorway.
We quickly took pity on her and placed her pack and play mattress in the doorway although the toddler bed and twin mattress remain as options for her. Now at bedtime she and I lay on the twin mattress, read 3 books, then turn on the music soother in her toddler bed and Mommy says goodnight. Mya erupts into tears for a few minutes, collects her Baby and blanket from the twin mattress, then scuttles over to the pad in the doorway where she settles down and falls asleep. Whatchagonnado?
As I type this I'm looking at the video monitor. The camera has now been turned to face the doorway. There in the doorway I see my little girl curled up on a 2" thick mattress pad, cuddling her Baby and blanket. She's happily babbling away about "nye, nye" this and "nye, nye" that. Hey, if it makes her happy and she's safe, I've learned to roll with it. Sweet Dreams, Mya Lynne!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment