Maybe I should just start titling my posts in quarters since I don't seem to get to them otherwise. What can I say, being a stay-at-home mom is like having ADHD. You get so few breaks and when you do, your mine goes into hyperdrive with the millions of things that need to get done. It's as though you can't focus and make a decision because it's all so overwhelming to your poor little brain! ;-) Not to mention you feel like any activity you do choose should be something requiring minimal focus since you could get torn away from it at a moments notice.
So here we go....my smattering of thoughts as I keep this as up to date as I can.
-Max has finally stopped (mostly) his night waking and is back to sleeping through the night without needing a 1:00 a.m. tuck-in.
-Mya is back to sleeping on the hardwood floor just inside her doorway. Her pad sits right next to her and she has a beautiful low-lying twin bed but refuses them. In hindsight, I wish I would have bought one of those crib tents but I was nervous about the recall they had undergone.
-We're getting close to the end of Max's school year which is hard to believe. He's on the 3 year preschool plan so plenty more to go. I'm hoping to find some fun activities for Max and Mya to share in during their summer off.
-I've been a stay-at-home mom for 9 months now. Hard to believe. It has gone by fast yet feels like the most natural thing in the world. I can't tell you how much it means that I get to be there and share in their worlds as much as I do. Yes, even the tantrum filled ones. When I feel like losing it, I remind myself of how much I'm going to miss them when they're gone and how much I'll wish I had enjoyed that precious time with them. They'll be gone too fast I know.
-Alex and I got a way for a night for the first time in 2 and a half years. Yikes! We went to Salishan, south of Lincoln City, for a night and it was awesome. We know we need to do it more.
-I can't wait for the arrival of summer so that the kids and I can get outside and enjoy new adventures. We went to the Tulip Festival today and had lots of fun. Part of my desire to be a stay at home mom was to give them the opportunity to get out and explore the world in a way they wouldn't if they were at daycare all the time. Especially as they're getting older and easier to corrall, it's fun to take them places, try new things, see new sights and meet new people.
-We're headed to Sunriver for a 4 day weekend with my dad, his wife and my sister's family. Should be a great time!
-My baby girl turns 2 a week from Saturday! Hard to believe yet I am so enjoying getting to know her more as she expressing herself through words. She's such a sweet, fun girl.
Okay, enough of a brain dump for now. Nothing terribly exciting going on but it's a good life!
No comments:
Post a Comment