Alex and I have had long discussions over the past 6 months about the possibility of me staying home and when the ideal timing would be. We had decided that we definitely wanted this to happen by the time Max was in kindergarten. I couldn't stand the thought of him bouncing around from before care to school to after care and the rushed morning and evenings that would accompany this. Not to mention the frustration of who stays home every time one of the kids is sick (we already face this), has a planning day, etc. Planning for summer vacation would just put me over the edge. Certainly many many parents live this life and they have a great relationship with their kids who are neither ax murderers nor drug addicts. I get that. For us it's just not the way I want to look back and remember their childhood. I want to be there!
I've always been fortunate to enjoy my work and the people that I work with. I won't go into detail but there have been quite a few changes to my department and role in the past 6 months and my job satisfaction was in a total downward spiral. I wasn't miserable but let's just say it helped to speed up our stay-at-home timeline by a few years. ;-)
Sooooo, July 15th will be my last day at work and then it's off to the toughest job in the world....stay at home mom! Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Stacey, Yay and congratulations! I can't imagine life any other way...I will admit it is challenging and there will be days/weeks that you want to send the kids away, far, far away! But it truly is the best! I found I function best having scheduled events each week that get you out of the house with the kids (weekly play dates with other moms, we have a book club at church that is great-plus there's babysitting, shopping, just to name a few). All that to say that I'm excited for you and your family!
This is wonderful news. I know it's been on your heart a long time. So happy for you.
Toughest job but has the best rewards!
Post a Comment