Max is a preshooler now and is doing great! 3 days a week we load up his lunch bag and he, Mya and I make the 2 block walk to his preschool. He adores his teachers, Mrs. Jolene and Mrs. Karen and is getting along well with the other kids. There are about 10 kids in his class and he is one of two boys. This is a nice change from daycare where there were frequently all boy days. Max will even admit that he likes school which he never said about daycare. Happy day!
Potty training was a huge success. I'm still a bit dumbfounded by the whole thing. Knock on wood he hasn't had a single accident at school and I can't recall the last accident at home. Way to go, Max! Now if only I could teach him to sit on public toilets without touching them.
Miss Mya is talking up a storm, picking up new words daily. She adores Max and becomes frustrated, calling his name, if she can't find him. She squeals and pumps her body when we go upstairs to get him out of bed in the morning. Fortunately he's being so much nicer to her lately. The hitting is a thing of the past for the most part. Just this evening she was fussing in the stroller about the treat we took away from her. Max leaned over right in her face and said, "It's all right, Mya, Max is right here." Say it with me....Awwwww!
She has also lost her baby fat belly which I miss. I reach down without thinking about it to rub her tummy and it's no longer there. Mya is always on the move, chasing after Max, digging through the toy box, dancing to Lady Gaga.
I've been loving being a stay-at-home mom. It can be exhausting but I can't think of a better cause than my own kids to be exhausted over! Oh although how about, "Gee, I'm so exhausted from laying next to this pool all day and having to ask somebody to being me food and drinks?" Yeah, I'd like to try out that form of exhaustion sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment