Monday, July 20, 2009

Are you trying to tell me something?


My friend Melissa has a son, also Max, who is 6 months older to the day than my Max. She is always full of great ideas for play dates and invited us to join her at Jamison Square to play in the water fountains. By no means is the following representative of my outings with 2 kids but don't you feel sometimes like luck just isn't on your side? As though somebody is trying to tell you something?

As the time to depart approaches...

-Mya still sleeping. Decided to let her sleep and pump instead. Pump parts are dirty and need to be washed. Can't find bottle brush so have to locate a spare. Finally get everything in clean and ready.

-Max decides pummeling Mommy while her hands are occupied with pumping is fun, fun, fun! He then decides that pooping his pants could only add to the fun. When I pull out the wipes container there are only 4 or so wipes. This is no 4 wipe job.

-I wake Mya up and proceed to change her diaper. Max must have filled her in on the plan because she pees all over herself as the diaper is pulled off of her.

-We get in the car to leave. Melissa calls me and is glad that I am running late because I can run back in the house to grab a towel which she forgot. Hey, maybe it was meant to be. Right?

-Find great parking spot. Doing good! Kids are a bit restless as I'm getting them and our gear out. Max ends up crouched in the front passenger seat footwell tearing apart the Lunchable he found. Capri Sun straw rolls into street gutter. We attempt to pay for our parking but the meter is busted and we have to walk around the corner to find another. Sigh!

-We finally make it to the park and spot Melissa and her Max. She has set up an amazing home base for us in the grass complete with a sun umbrella, 2 chairs and a waterproof blanket.

-We settle in. Mya eats and Max gets down to business with his Lunchable. After Mya finishes eating I sit her up to take in the sights. "What a nice day", I think. Mya decides I need to be put back in my place and proceeds to produce a diaper blowout that explodes onto my capris, her clothing, blanket, etc.

Such is life! It was a hectic afternoon but I know that I am super lucky to be able to spend this time with my kids. I love them dearly, poop and all.

No comments: