Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Field Trip to the Fire Station

My dad is telepathic. Have I mentioned that before? Well, he is.

This morning I was planning in my head how I was going to get the kids out the door to make it to the play park in Lake Oswego. The play park is just a few blocks from my dad's fire station. Hmmm, maybe we could stop by there on the way back? Everytime Max hears a siren he pipes up with "Fire! Fire!" Boy is this kid in the right family. My dad, uncle and soon to be brother-in-law are all in the fire service.

But back to my telepathic dad. So my inner monologue went on to decide that it was too much of a bother to find my phone and call him at that time so I'd save it for another day. No less than 5 minutes later my phone rings (Oh, there it is!) and it's Dad. Long conversation short, we ended up taking a field trip to the fire station today.

I brought my camera with the goal of getting a picture of Max on the antique fire engine in the lobby. My sister, niece and I all have photos of ourselves as toddlers on this. The picture below will tell you what he thought about that idea. No worries, Max, I think you have a couple years before Papa retires.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Glory Laine said...

That Max sure looks a lot like his papa. And that papa knows how to keep a cleeeean firehouse.

Patti said...

The pic of Mya smiling at her Papa is absolutely adorable!!! Lucky kids to have access to the FD!