I was reading back through my Mother of Max blog and enjoying the entries about Max when he was Mya's age. I have his baby book that I filled out religiously but there is something about the everyday dialogue and memories that give you such a better sense of what he was like at that age. From what I can tell, he was insanely active compared to Mya. That doesn't really surprise me based on their personalities.
After reading through that, I thought I would give myself an occasional snapshot in time of what the kids are like at a certain age. Before I know it Mya will be two and I'll be looking back at this entry!
Meet Max:
Favorite activities: Tractors/trucks/emergency vehicles, hitting golf balls, riding on Daddy's shoulder so that he can "duck!" under trees, spotting airplanes or firetrucks, watching Caillou on Daddy's I-Phone, painting at school, and playing with Syd.
Smarty pants: Can count to 14 but likes to leave 5 out, knows the way to the gelato store as well as the park ;-) , increasing his vocab each and every day!
Favorite phrases: "Mama/Daddy, watch dis!" "I climb, I climb!" "Nooooooo!"
Recent quote: Max is crouched and grunting. "Max, are you pooping?" "No!" "Do you want to sit on the potty?" "No!" The grunting escalates and Max exclaims, "Puuuush!"
Foods he likes: waffles and bananas for breakfast, hot dogs, applesauce, yogurt, juice, ice cream, and cookies.
Things he does not like: Mommy saying goodbye, going to bed, getting in the stroller, being told what to do.
Recent accomplishments: Made the transition to daycare! Every day he does better. By the middle of the 2nd week he told me twice on the car ride there that "yes" he wants to go to school and play with his friends. I'm so incredibly proud of him!
Max is also starting to interact with Mya more and more. He tells her "Good morning, Baby!" in a sing-songy voice, pushes her in the swing, and likes it when she giggles at his jumping antics.
1 comment:
Cute! Great idea...I am SO stealing this!
Post a Comment